Pennsylvania College of Optometry: Philadelphia, PA
Doctor of Optometry, May 1997
Bachelor of Science, May 1994
3.70 GPA, Class Rank 11/ 139
University of Maryland Baltimore County: Baltimore, Maryland
Biology Curriculum, 103 credits completed, 3.88 GPA
- Douglas Lavenburg, M.D., P.A. Newark, DE and Elkton, MD - 2001-present
- Associated Eye Care Bel Air, MD - July 1999- November 2000
- Wal-Mart Vision Center Abington, MD - August 1997 – November 2000
- Clinical Diagnostic Procedures Laboratory - 1994-1997
- Biochemistry, Clinical Diagnostic Procedures, and Ocular Biology. 1994-96
- National Institute of Health, National Institute on Aging, Gerontology Research Center, Longitudinal Studies Branch: Implemented the following study : "The Relationship between Intraocular Pressure with Respect to Race, Gender, and Age." Summer 1994.
- National Institute of Health, National Institute on Aging, Gerontology Research Center, Laboratory of Behavioral Sciences. 1991-1993.
- University of Maryland- Biology Department: Worked in cellular biology laboratory on receptor-mediated endocytosis. Performed tissue culture, microscopy and various assays.
- Maryland Society to Prevent Blindness. 1992
Professional Licenses and Memberships
- Maryland: Therapeutic Certification
- Delaware: Therapeutic Certification
- Maryland Optometric Student Association Sept 1993- May 1997. President 1995-96
- Student Optometric Service to Humanity-Sept 1994- May 1997
- Beta Sigma Kappa, National Optometric Honor Society-October 1994-1998.
Honors & Awards
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry's Board of Trustee's Scholarship
- Beta Sigma Kappa Honor Society member
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry's Wildermuth Scholarship
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry's Boben Scholarship
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry's Hafter Scholarship
- Dean's List- University of Maryland- Three years
- Maryland Senatorial Scholarship
- Maryland Delegate Scholarship
- Maryland Distinguished Scholar Semi-finalist
- University of Maryland Honors Fellowship
- American Business Women's Association Scholarship
- Maryland Academic Achievement Award Semi-finalist
- Maryland Merit Scholastic Award
- Tandy Technology Scholars Award
- Clinical Education
Parris-Castoro Eye Care Center-Bel Air/ Havre de Grace, Maryland
Advanced clinical experience in management of anterior and posterior segment diseases, ocular emergencies and the glaucomas. Provided pre/post-surgical care, including cataracts, keratorefractive, oculoplastics, glaucoma, and cornea. Responsibilities also included on-call emergency services and hospital/nursing home consults. July 1997- July 1998.
The Wilmer Ophthalmologic Institute at Johns Hopkins Provided patient care in the emergency room. Attended lectures and grand rounds. July 1997- July 1998.
Baltimore/ Fort Howard VA Medical Center-MD- Hospital Rotation
Peter Lalle, O.D.
Hirsch Eye Group- Havre de Grace, MD - Ocular Disease
Dahlia Hirsch, MD
The Eye Institute-Philadelphia, PA - Pediatric
John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital- Phila, PA - Primary Care
Carlo Pelino, OD
Contact Lens Associates- College Park, MD - Contact Lens
Stuart Schatz, O.D.
- Ocular Ischemic Syndrome- The Initial Presentation of Carotid Occlusive Disease: Pennsylvania College of Optometry Grand Rounds- January 1998.
- Ocular Emergencies and Urgencies: Parris Castoro Eye Care Center, and Fallston Hospital- November 1997.