At Lavenburg Medical Group in Elkton, MD and Newark, DE, we provide various treatments to help you see clearly and preserve your vision. If you are experiencing symptoms that are causing blurry vision, it is important to receive treatment and prevent further complications from occurring. Before visiting us, learn about some common causes of blurry vision below:
Common Causes of Blurry Vision
Blurry vision can be caused by underlying causes, which can be related to your health and lifestyle. Our optometrists can perform an eye exam to determine the root cause of your blurry vision and help improve your eyesight. Some of this cause include the following:
- Computer Vision: Using a computer, smartphone, or tablet for prolonged periods of time can lead to vision problems, including blurry vision. Since computer vision leads to eye strain and blurry sight, we can provide treatments like blue light glasses and screen filters to protect your eyes
- Eye Conditions and Eye Diseases: Certain conditions and diseases can lead to blurry vision. Our eye doctors can help diagnose the underlying issue and provide the necessary treatment. Common eye conditions that can lead to blurry vision include cataracts, glaucoma, and macular degeneration
- Refractive Errors: Refractive errors that affect the lens of the eye like farsightedness, nearsightedness, and astigmatism can cause blurry vision. Depending on your condition, your vision may be blurry when trying to see objects up close or far away.
- will be blurred either up close or far away. Age often impacts the lens of the eye and leads to refractive errors like presbyopia, which causes items that are farther away to appear blurry
- Outdated Prescription: if you wear corrective lenses and notice that your vision is blurry, it may be due to the corrective lenses. Wearing contacts for too long or changes to your prescription cause previous prescriptions to be ineffective. If you haven’t had an eye exam for a while, you may need updated lenses to see clearly
Contact us for Treatment Today!
If you are experiencing blurry vision that is affecting your daily life, let our team at Lavenburg Medical Group in Elkton, MD and Newark, DE, help. We provide quality care that can improve your vision and overall eye health. To learn more about our services or to schedule your appointment, contact us at (302) 993-0722 today.