LASIK Eye Surgery
The specialists at DelMar Surgical and Cosmetic Treatment Center offer LASIK for patients in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware; Elkton and North East, Maryland and surrounding areas in Delaware, Maryland and southeast Pennsylvania.
LASIK eye surgery permanently modifies the shape of your cornea using an excimer laser that removes tiny amounts of corneal tissue. This procedure corrects refractive errors that cause images to appear blurry, allowing patients to see clearly without wearing glasses or contact lenses. LASIK is a highly successful, outpatient procedure performed in our office at the Lavenburg Medical Group that takes less than 20 minutes to complete (per eye).
10 Great Advantages to LASIK Eye Surgery
1. People who must wear corrective lenses due to farsightedness, nearsightedness and/or astigmatism will no longer need to wear glasses or contacts following LASIK surgery.
2. Results of LASIK surgery are immediate. Patients are amazed at the remarkable improvement of their vision immediately after surgery. Throughout the healing process, you will also notice continuous enhancement of your vision.
3. Anesthetic eye drops make LASIK virtually pain-free. Discomfort during surgery is minimal, with patients reporting nothing more than a slight irritation comparable to having an eyelash in their eye.
4. LASIK completely restores your peripheral (side) vision, something that eyeglasses cannot do. This helps improve day and night driving and can help reduce your risk of suffering accidents around the home and at work.
5. LASIK saves you thousands of dollars in expenses related to wearing corrective lenses (glasses, contacts, prescription sunglasses, etc).
6. LASIK dramatically increases you quality of life. You don't have to worry about losing or breaking your glasses or contact lenses or suffer painful, corneal abrasions from wearing contacts. LASIK patients also enjoy the ability to actually see things clearly while swimming or getting up in the middle of the night.
7. No stitches, cumbersome bandages or eye patches are needed following LASIK surgery. Recovery involves rest and avoiding strenuous activity for 24 to 48 hours following surgery.
8. Adjustments to age-related changes affecting the cornea and your vision are easily made with additional LASIK surgery.
9. LASIK can help people with presbyopia see distant object more clearly.
10. LASIK can be performed on both eyes in one session so you won't have to make two visits to our clinic.
Is Everyone a Good Candidate for LASIK Surgery?
The FDA suggests that people with refractive instability, pregnant or breastfeeding women and those with certain chronic diseases that cause hormone levels to fluctuate may not be good candidates for LASIK surgery. Currently, the FDA has not approved any LASIK lasers for use on children or adolescents. People diagnosed with glaucoma may be eligible for refractive surgery other than LASIK, such as LASEK, PRK or P-IOL. However, glaucoma conditions will need to be stabilized before such surgery can be completed.
Call Our Clinic Today to Find Out More About LASIK Surgery
The Lavenburg Medical Group offers the latest advancements in the field of LASIK while offering a wide range of vision correction procedures. Schedule a consultation with one of our ophthalmologists today to talk about personalized options that ensure the best possible results concerning your individual vision needs.